TRANSLATION SERVICES - California Language Assistance Program (CA LAP)
Facey Medical Group will cooperate and comply with all contracted health plans in the health plan's obligation to provide language assistance services to Limited English Proficient (LEP) Commercial HMO and PPO members in accordance with Title 28, California Code of Regulations, 1300.67.04 and applicable revisions to the Knox Keene Act.
- Limited English Proficient or LEP Enrollee: a person who has an inability or a limited ability to speak, read, write, or understand the English language at a level that permits that individual to interact effectively with health care providers or plan employees.
- When requested by a member who meets the above criteria, Facey Medical Group will assist the member's access to the contracted health plan interpreter services in a timely manner.
- This applies to scheduled or unscheduled visits at provider offices, including physicians, ancillary providers (e.g., PT, OT, speech therapy, nutrition consults, etc.), and specialty service providers (e.g., DME, home health visits, alternative medicine providers, etc.), diagnostic testing facilities (e.g., laboratory or radiology offices) and urgent care facilities.
- To forward requests for translation to the contracted health plan in a timely manner when the following non-standardized vital documents are administered in English to LEP members by Facey Medical Group:
- UM denial, modification or delay in service letters
- UM delay letters
- Claims denial letters (e.g., member liability letters or those that require a response from the member)
- PCP and Specialist termination letters
- To forward non-standardized vital documents to the contracted health plan for translation when requested by an LEP member in a timely manner
The above requires Acrobat Reader.
If needed, you can download a copy here